The short answer
I am a writer who has always imagined I would have a book published. But funnily enough, the book didn’t appear out of thin air! I have finally given in to what I thought of as daydreams and am working on my first novel. A romance novel. Not what I had planned, but I’m going with it!
I’ve blogged for several years as Kianwi, and that is still me…I just figured I needed something a bit easier to pronounce on the cover of a book. So meet Kinley Dane… that’s still me, too.
Aside from writing, I’m a recently indoctrinated whole food addict, nature appreciator, obsessed reader and animal lover (okay animal freak). Three cats…yeah, I’m a crazy cat lady…and one very spoiled doggy.
The long answer
Janie Junebug gifted me a list of 50 completely random questions and I thought, ‘what better place than on my About Me page?’ For those brave souls who want to drudge through it, good luck and god speed.
- What are you wearing? If you are asking what I’m wearing right now and pretty much anytime I’m on the computer…it’s gonna be sweat or yoga pants and some sort of t-shirt. I know, you’re having a hard time not imagining my sexiness.
- Ever been in love? Sure thought so.
- Ever have a terrible breakup? I’ve had my heart-broken and that was terrible enough.
- How tall are you? I’m a little one, 5’3″ and one half! Don’t forget the one half.
- How much do you weigh? Seriously? That’s a question we ask people?
- Any tattoos? I have a tattoo on my leg from many moons ago that my brother drew, my dad paid for and my step-mom went with me to get. It was my Christmas present.
- Any piercings? Yes! Love my ear cartilage piercings . I mean, how cute is that daisy?! Also have my lobes pierced, but for some reason, I hardly wear earrings in those.
- OTP (One true pair, favorite fictional couple?) To save my brain power in trying to choose, I’m just gonna go with Westley and Buttercup 🙂
- Favorite show? Hmmm. That’s tough. That’s currently on right now? The Walking Dead, probably, which is a bit problematic, seeing as I don’t have cable. Something I can watch without cable? Supernatural. I will forever love Sam and Dean.
- Favorite bands? These questions are harder than I thought they would be. How about my favorite band from my teenage years? Air Supply. Sigh. Most romantic songs ever. Sigh.
- Something you miss? I miss my parents, even though, and I’m just being honest, no one annoyed me more than my mother. You miss those annoying things when they are gone, though, don’t ya?
- Favorite song? Seize the Day by Carolyn Arends. It’s a little folksy, but it never fails to inspire me.
- How old are you? Is it 2014? Then I’m 44.
- Zodiac sign? Leo. Not sure I really fit the Leo description, but I’m super glad my sign is a big, furry kitty cat.
- Quality to look for in a partner? Kindness, humor and can deal with the mess that is me.
- Favorite quote? “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.” Henry David Thoreau.
- Favorite actor? Used to be Paul Newman when I was a youngin’. Kind of still love that guy, actually. So I’m just going to with that.
- Favorite color? Seafoam? Lavender? Pink? One of those.
- Loud music or soft? My uncle traumatized me with music loud enough to shake the house when I was little, so I’m gonna have to say soft.
- Where do you go when you are sad? A walk in nature whenever possible.
- How long does it take you to shower? I want to say five minutes and be one of those no fuss girls, but the truth is more like 15 or 20. I like to savor.
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Does this include dealing with my pets or just getting myself ready? Cause you need to add like 1/2 an hour or more if you include the pets. They’re needy.
- Ever been in a physical fight? Well, one time, I threw a box of toothpicks at my brother, although you can’t really call it a fight, because he just laughed at me. Which then made me want to STAB him with a toothpick, but I refrained.
- Turn on? Intelligence. Oh, and if you make me laugh. That’s pretty good, too.
- Turn off? Untrimmed fingernails. Skeeves me out.
- The reason I started blogging? When I started my first blog, it was honestly an impulse decision. I’ve continued because I enjoyed the creative outlet and getting to ‘meet’ so many great people.
- Fears? That I will look out my window at night and there will be a ghost staring back at me. Or a zombie. I don’t look out the windows at night if I can help it. Because that could happen, guys!
- Last thing that made you cry? Sadness.
- Last time you said you loved someone? I just told my dog I love him a few minutes ago. He said nothing in return. Typical.
- Meaning behind the name of your blog? It’s my romance novel pen name that I hope to use sooner rather than later.
- Last book you read? Completely unmemorable trashy romance.
- Book you are currently reading? See above. I’m in a mush brain mood lately.
- Last show you watched? Currently working my way through the first season of Breaking Bad. Yes, it’s true, I haven’t watched it until now. Wasn’t sure how I felt about it at first, but it’s quickly becoming a favorite. Go figure. Thanks, Michael 🙂
- Last person you talked to? Huh, don’t think I talked to any persons today. So my friend that I hung out with last night, I suppose.
- The relationship between you and the person you just texted? A friend I’ve never met in person.
- Favorite food? Currently eating only healthy, whole foods…so chocolate.
- Place you want to visit? My top trips right now are a tie between Italy/Greece and Peru to hike the Inca trail. Need to get both of those done!
- Last place you were? Outside of Michigan where I live, the Wisconsin Dells, which was surprisingly enjoyable. If you have never been, go to the House on the Rock. Seriously. One of the most fascinating places I’ve ever been.
- Do you have a crush? I’m currently pretty crazy about Salazon chocolate. Sea salt and quality chocolate, what’s not to love?
- Last time you kissed someone? My dog. On the lips. Yep.
- Last time you were insulted? More recently than I’d like. I need to stay off of Facebook.
- Favorite flavor of sweet? Well, chocolate, duh.
- What instrument do you play? Do writing instruments count? If yes, then I am awesome at using a pen.
- Favorite piece of jewelry? The Footprints in the Sand bracelet my dad ordered for me before he died…which came in the mail after he died. Best Christmas present I ever received.
- Last sport you played? Frisbee? Is sport?
- Last song you sang? You Are My Sunshine. I regularly serenade my dog, much to his extreme enjoyment.
- Favorite chat up line? “You are so beautiful I can’t resist you.” Well, yeah, I’ve never actually heard that, but I would imagine it might win me over.
- Have you ever used it? Oh, that was supposed to be what I would say? Well, then I’m in trouble, because I seriously have no game. Whatsoever. So the answer would be no.
- Last time you hung out with anyone? Last night. One of my high school friends, from back in the dark ages. And we still act like adolescents when we are together.
- Who should answer these questions next? I am not passing this on, but if anyone wants to use them, they’re all yours!